We are looking for a Senior Accounting Specialist to ensure the accuracy of a variety of financial records. You should be a detail-oriented, critical thinker, and time-managing person. The Senior Accounting Specialist’s responsibilities include maintaining the company’s financial records through analyzing balance sheets and general ledger accounts, data recording, document preparation and reconciliation of accounts, as well as preparing the financial analysis.
- Record/post journal entries/accounting data in software system to date
- Prepare invoices, bills, and other relevant documentation
- Record intercompany transactions (invoices, bills, deposits, checks)
- Daily reconciliation on intercompany balances (Payables–Receivables)
- Daily internal money transfers and payments
- Daily bank reconciliation
- Reconciliation between software systems (Operations–Accounting)
- Maintain accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Daily communication with other departments, informing about cash balances, AR balances, and other relevant information
- Daily checks on every Financial Statement account and recorded transactions
- Perform monthly closing and year-end procedures, ensure the completeness and accuracy of accounts
- Participate in deep-dive exercises on a monthly level for key accounts
- Communication with key accounts and performing on request financial analysis
- Assist with other accounting-related duties
- At least 4 years of progressive experience in accounting or finance roles, with a focus on accounting and financial reporting.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Strong written and oral communication skills (both in English and Macedonian)
- Knowledge of accounting and financial reporting standards
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Critical thinking and active learning
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, with a developed sense of responsibility
- Ability to develop lasting professional relationships with clients
- Working hours: 15:00 to 23:00 (US working hours)
What we offer
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Positive international work environment
- Paid training which covers industry terms, product overview, software training, and more
- Pay range depends on skill and experience level
- Private health insurance
- Fancy offices in the city center
- FitKit Membership to support your physical fitness, mental health and overall wellness.
- Day off for your birthday